The Lithuanian Chemical Society is a non-governmental organization whose legal status is an association. It unites Lithuanian chemists, in addition, legal entities can also be members of LChD. The goals of the association are:
• Publicize chemical science and chemical technologies in society;
• Educate and advise the public on chemical science and chemical technology issues;
• To organize conferences, seminars, trainings, adult education, qualification improvement for its members and other people;
• To encourage students‘ interest in chemical sciences and chemical technologies, to encourage them to choose the profession of chemist;
• Participate in the organization of the Lithuanian, Baltic countries’ and international chemistry olympiads;
• Publish LChD publications and otherwise publicize LChD activities;
• To represent LChD in foreign countries and related organizations of chemists.
In recent years, our main activities have been:
• Organization of international conferences;
• Representation of the Lithuanian Chemical Society at EuChemS.
• Promotion of science in Lithuanian and foreign media;
• Organization of seminars.